Results tagged ‘ Cliff Floyd ’
Logan Morrison appeared in his 47 MLB game on Saturday night, and already the 23-year-old has set a Marlins’ rookie record.
With his first-inning double off Chicago’s Casey Coleman, Morrison extended his streak of reaching base safely to 37 games. It tops the previous mark of 36 set by Hanley Ramirez in 2006.
The streak is reaching either by hit, walk or hit by pitch.
The franchise record is 46 set by Luis Castillo during 2002, the year he set a franchise record with his 35-game hitting streak.
Marlins consecutive games reaching safely
* Luis Castillo, 46 (4/25/02-6/21/02)
* Kevin Millar, 43 (8/10/02-9/28/02)
* Logan Morrison, 37 (8/7/10-current)
* Cliff Floyd, 37 (4/30/00-6/11/00)
* Hanley Ramirez, 36 (7/27/06-9/3/06)
– Joe Frisaro
When it’s all said and done, Hanley Ramirez will be able to boast one of the best offensive seasons in the history of the Marlins.
The two-time All-Star is in line to win the franchise’s first batting title. The 25-year-old will have to wait a few days to see if that happens.
Regardless of the batting race, Ramirez already has achieved a rarity in team history.
With 105 RBIs and 100 runs scored, he is the fourth Marlin to reach the century mark in both categories.
Overall, it has been done five times in Florida history. Miguel Cabrera did it twice.
Marlins with at least 100 runs and RBIs:
* Gary Sheffield (1996), 120 RBIs, 118 runs.
* Cliff Floyd (2001), 103 RBIs, 123 runs.
* Miguel Cabrera (2005), 116 RBIs, 106 runs; (2006) 114 RBIs, 112 runs.
* Hanley Ramirez (2009), 105 RBIs, 100 runs.
– Joe Frisaro