Morrison sets team rookie record
Logan Morrison appeared in his 47 MLB game on Saturday night, and already the 23-year-old has set a Marlins’ rookie record.
With his first-inning double off Chicago’s Casey Coleman, Morrison extended his streak of reaching base safely to 37 games. It tops the previous mark of 36 set by Hanley Ramirez in 2006.
The streak is reaching either by hit, walk or hit by pitch.
The franchise record is 46 set by Luis Castillo during 2002, the year he set a franchise record with his 35-game hitting streak.
Marlins consecutive games reaching safely
* Luis Castillo, 46 (4/25/02-6/21/02)
* Kevin Millar, 43 (8/10/02-9/28/02)
* Logan Morrison, 37 (8/7/10-current)
* Cliff Floyd, 37 (4/30/00-6/11/00)
* Hanley Ramirez, 36 (7/27/06-9/3/06)
– Joe Frisaro