Camping out Tuesday
Worth noting on Tuesday:
* After singling in his first at-bat, in his second at-bat, Hanley Ramirez was robbed of a single on a diving catch by second baseman Dan Uggla. Jumping on a first-pitch fastball by Ryan Tucker, Ramirez ripped the ball up the middle. But Uggla, shaded up the middle, left his feet and hauled in a back-handed grab. Reacting to the play, Ramirez waved his hand in a circle in Uggla’s direction.
* Outfielder Alejandro De Aza and catcher Miguel Fermin dressed out as extra players for the Dominican Republic World Baseball Classic team. The two were there to add some depth on Tuesday.
* Rotation ahead: Josh Johnson will start and Ricky Nolasco will relieve on Wednesday against Italy; Andrew Miller is slated to start, with Anibal Sanchez pitching out of the bullpen on Thursday against the Orioles at Fort Lauderdale; and Chris Volstad is slated to go on Friday against the Red Sox in Fort Myers.
* A “B Game” with the Orioles is scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m. on field two at Roger Dean Stadium.
* PGA golfer Billy Andrade was around the batting cage before the game. A Braves fan, Andrade has known Fredi Gonzalez for a few years. He is in town for the Honda Classic.
— Joe Frisaro