Camping out Sunday
* Anibal Sanchez was effective in three innings, giving up one run on five hits. His objective is throwing strikes. Of his 53 pitches, 36 were strikes. Andrew Miller followed, and struggled with command. In 1 1/3 innings, Miller threw 49 pitches, with 27 for strikes.
* Sanchez and Miller will piggie-back each other in their next time out, and then they will split up.
* Third base/outfield coach Bo Porter missed a couple of days because he went back to Texas on Thursday to finalize paper work in the adoption of his son, Bryce Jordan Porter. The 14-month old has been with Bo and his wife, Stacey, since he was born. The final details were brought before a judge on Friday, and Porter returned on Saturday.
* Jeremy Hermida batted third on Sunday. Hanley Ramirez normally bats third, but he will be leaving on Monday to compete in the World Baseball Classic for the Dominican Republic.
* Monday’s intrasquad scrimmage will be at 11:30 a.m. ET on field 2 of Roger Dean Stadium. Chris Volstad and Sean West are slated to start. Renyel Pinto will throw in relief.
– Joe Frisaro