Camping out Tuesday
What want on today at camp:
* MLB Network is doing a “30 Clubs in 30 Days” feature on the Marlins that airs on Wednesday, Feb. 25, at 6 p.m. ET. The hour-long special on the team will be repeated four times within a day after it originally airs.
* Ricky Nolasco and Josh Johnson each threw two innings on the Roger Dean Stadium main field on Tuesday in an intrasquad game that was pitching dominated. These are the two frontrunners to start on Opening Day on April 6 against the Nationals.
* The only walk in the six-inning scrimmage was drawn by Cameron Maybin.
* Wednesday marks the opening of Grapefruit League action, with Florida facing St. Louis as the visiting team at Roger Dean Stadium. Anibal Sanchez will start. The regulars are set to play. The Marlins are using a DH, and it likely will be Dallas McPherson.
* Manager Fredi Gonzalez said that players going to the World Baseball Classic — guys like Hanley Ramirez, Jorge Cantu and Alfredo Amezaga — will play more early in Spring Training games as they prepare to leave for the Classic on March 1.
* On Wednesday at 10 a.m., the Marlins will face Italy’s World Baseball Classic team on field two behind Roger Dean Stadium. Burke Badenhop will pitch. Expected to play for Florida are John Raynor, Andy Gonzalez, Michael Stanton, John Lindsey, Matt Dominguez, Kyle Skipworth, Michael Ryan, Jai Miller and Manny Mayorson.
— Joe Frisaro