Camping out Saturday
Here’s what happened on Saturday:
* Andrew Miller continues working on his new delivery. The aim is to speed up his tempo, and basically the lefty is throwing more than the other starters. For example, when say, Ricky Nolasco and Miller are throwing live batting practice, each is going for about eight minutes. But Miller is working at a faster tempo, so he is throwing more total pitches.
* Cody Ross was back doing drills, and getting some work in later in the day, after he was away two days because his wife had a baby.
* Jose Ceda continues to play catch and do fielding drills. Because of some right shoulder discomfort, he has yet to be cleared to throw off the mound.
* Catcher John Baker is crushing some balls in batting practice.
* Dallas McPherson worked at first base with Gaby Sanchez on fielding drills.
— Joe Frisaro